Friday 28 November 2008

Conundrum

No, not the kind that Carol Whoreface Vorderman would do inbetween flogging debt and margerine-based phantom cholesterol cures to poor people in adverts. Do I do a post about the awesomeness of Grant Hart (erstwhile drummer from Husker Du [apply your own umlauts, fuckers], heroin addict and top-drawer musicker), or do I do a sPazTune?

Poor Grant has less than a thousand listeners on Last.fm. I find this utterly criminal, as I secretly passed a law making not registering your love for Grant Hart on Last.fm a crime. It also makes me sad, as he's a talent that your ears crave, cleave to and generally want to have ear sex with.

Well? Hurry up, cementdudes, it's already gone midnight. Oh, you can't suggest until I've posted, can you. By which time, I will doubtless have decided, and the whole matter will be redundant. Oh well, much as I hate to disappoint my readership (hi millie, if you're still reading. If you are, why? Go and have your head felt), I shall plough on regardless and you will doubtless see the fruits of my ploughing in the next post. I somehow doubt it will be a crop of turnips. Crock of shit, maybe, crop of turnips, less likely.

Alternatively I could do something about the persistent box-based irritant that is safety matches, or wibble on about Kingmaker.

Oh, decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why am I still reading? Good question. I'm not normally a huge fan of blogs since the majority tend to be about as interesting as watching your washing slosh round and round.

Maybe I'm impressed by your eclectic musical taste? Or your sparkling wit? Or perhaps I'm just looking for something to fill the void left by changes elsewhere on the interweb? Will give it further thought and let you know once I've figured it out myself.

And it's battenberg by the way.

Onion Terror said...

I reckon it's my sparkling musical taste and eclectic wit, personally.

Much prefer to think of it as a syncretic musical taste, for several reasons. Firstly it's a splendid word which I learnt the meaning of whilst reading about Alan Moore. Secondly it all makes sense to me, fitting together like a giant musical jigsaw (I did the edge bits first, struggled a bit on the sky bit). Lastly, I've never had a good experience with people who claim an eclectic musical taste - it's tended to mean they have BOTH best of the Beatles AND a Beastie Boys album.

Although I do own the Ecleftic by Wyclef Jean, so there maybe something in it.

And thanks. I'm not a fan of blogs, they all tend to be so whiny and worthy and shit. Random irreverence is what tickles my fancy. And Victorian pictures of Jesus' head.