Thursday 2 October 2008

Sarah Palin: I SO read newspapers, dude

She reads all of them, you know. Everything in front of her. She's an expert on Heat magazine, and her knowledge of the Radio Times is unrivalled. It's a VP Debate commemorative sPazAmp, a desperate attempt to fill the time between now and 2am when I get to sit and wait for which of the vice-presidential-calamaties-in-waiting fucks up first (did Roosevelt really go on television straight after the Wall St. crash Joe, did he? in 1929, before television and before he was in power? DID HE?). Knowing me, I'll fanny about massively and only get to about #8 or so before it starts (I'm a little bored of typing this already tbf/h be fair/honest. If I cared, it'd be a miracle.


1. Demented are Go - Rubber Buccaneer
Something to do with dildonics, I think. But not cyber-dildonics (I didn't make that up, someone said it on telly once. I suspect it may have been Channel 5). It's very good (the song, not Channel 5. Or cyber-dildonics, although I wouldn't presume to cast myself as an expert on the matter). Growly psychobilly greatness, possibly about dildonics. What could go wrong?

2. Elton Motello - He's a Rebel
Bit shit, if I'm honest. Should probably have stuck with just owning Jet Boy, Jet Girl, rather than the album. Oh well. Standard, punk-tinged pop that would have threated nobody had it troubled the charts in the late 70s.

3. Pulp - Joyriders (Acoustic)
Better than the regular version. Popped up as a b-side to one of the two Common People CD singles (not that CD singles have a literal b-side, you know full well what I mean). Reminds me of the mid-nineties (fairly predictably), not a time I like to dwell on. Still pretty genius, mind (the song, not the mid-nineties).

4. Carlos Casal Jr. - Don't Meet Mr. Frankenstein
Okay. Must admit, had no plans to anyway. Also, can you go away and come back again at the end of the month, you jaunty fifties popfrightfest. Ta.

5. Curtis Mayfield - We the People Who are Darker Than Blue
Hello, mauve people. At this rate, I won't even make #8 before the debate.

6. Erasure - Love to Hate You
One of my three favourite Erasure songs. A non-existent prize to anyone naming the other two. Motivation? I got it seeping from every pore.

7. Roy "The Orb" Orbison - Pretty Paper
It's not even Christmas, you fool. As majestic as The Orb was, it's not a patch on the Reverend Horton Heat version, which is the version I'll be listening to when it actually IS Christmas. Also, sad song, bad sPazAmp. We're not to have sad songs anymore.

8. Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should've Come Over
Yeah, and you shouldn't have gone swimming in your boots, you selfish tool. Also, what bit of "no sad songs" don't you understand sPazAmp?

9. Mark Ronson (ft. Daniel Merriweather) - Stop Me
Better than the original. Stick that in your cardigans and moon over it, Moz lovers.

10. Public Enemy - Mi Uzi Weighs a Ton
Does it, Chuck? Does it really? A ton you say? A gun weighing a whole actual ton? Bet you don't have a gun at all, never mind a ludicrously weighty one. Go home and just think about what you've done, mister. You've let me down, you've let the school down, you've let yourself down, you've let the gun-weighing-association down. Tsk.

11. Guana Batz - Saving Grace
Can't type. Misty eyed.

12. The Bees - These are the Ghosts
Thanks, Bees. Although if I'd wanted the guided tour, I'd have arranged it with Yvette and Derek.

13. Simple Sarah vs. Joe the Flid
Sorry, ran out time.


Like, BYE.

No comments: